This one week walk cross the high passes of the mountain range, going from north to south, including a climb to the peak Kackar.
- Day 1: Transfer from Trabzon Airport to Ayder (3 hrs.)
- Day 2-7: Day walks and optional climb to the Kackar summit
- Day 8: Transfer to Trabzon Airport
Trekkers need good quality thick-soled waterproof walking boots, daysack (approximately 40 lt), warm clothing, sunglasses, sunhat, sun cream, raingear (preferably breathable such as Gore-Tex), sleeping bag. Walking sticks are recommended.
Accommodation and Meals
- Accommodation: Along the tour, you’ll stay in places that make you feel good, and safe in the midst of trees and mountains. This tour uses the following mix of accommodation types- 4 nights half-board pension: We stay small, local, preferably family run hotels, and pensions with a personal touch. 3 nights in tents; No single supplement. Trekkers are expected to help pitch/strike their own tents. All tents are good quality dome tents with two doors.
- Meals: Lunches will be picnics. Trekkers are expected to carry some part of the food for lunch. Evening meals in camp will be hot soup or salads, a main course with pasta or rice and fruit. Water is available at springs en route.
Grade C with Grade D optional ascent of Kackar Mountain. Average daily trek 5-7hrs. Medium trekking with daypack;
Grade C: Demands a bit of experience and fitness to tackle steep slopes and narrow, stony paths for up to 8 hours per day.
Grade D: For experienced trekkers who can keep up a steady pace for 8 hours or more and tackle some easy scrambling.
- 760 € per person. Minimum 6, maximum 12 trekkers. Entrance fees to historical sites and museums are not included. For groups under 8 people, a surcharge of 75 € per person is added to the price.
- Day 1: Flight from Istanbul. (Plane seat bookings can be arranged by Middle Earth Office on your request) On arrival at Trabzon Airport you will be met by your tour guide and your driver and you will be transferred to hotel in Camlihemsin.
- Day 2: We start our trek in the mountains from palakcur. We cross the mountain range from north to the South via Palakcur pass and we will end the walk in Karamolla village. From here we take a transfer to Yaylalar (Hevek) village.
- Day 3: Today we do a loop walk from the pension to Modut summer village. The first part is in the forest then we start climbing up, over the tree line and descend to first Modut summer village then to Mikelis. From here we will be transferred back to Yaylalar village and overnight at the same hotel.
- Day 4: We head off for the base camp for the summit climb. It is a 4 hours climb to the base camp. We put up our tents. In the afternoon we have an optional Climb to a nearby small summit. Overnight at camp.
- Day 5: Optional climb to Kackar summit. (3937m) 5-6 hrs. Grade D, We wake up early to climb the highest peak of the Kackar range. The walk is on a path until the last few hundred meters where the path almost disappears and we have to walk over rocks. No rock climbing is involved. We may have to walk on snow for short distances. It is a good day for daily treks around (To the icy Deniz Lake for example) for those who would choose not to summit. Camp at Dilberduzu same as yesterday.
- Day 6: Walk from Dilberduzu campsite to Dobe valley and camp site. This is a high walk over pisovit pass with great views of all Dilberduzu valley. We descend to the next valley, Dobe valley and camp there.
- Day 7: Walk over lanetleme pass to cross back to the North side of the mountain range. We descend via Ceymakcur valley and meet with our vehicle to transfer first to Ayder where we can relax in the thermal bath. Then we move on to Camlihemsin for overnight at the hotel.
- Day 8: Transfer to Trabzon airport. On the way we visit the famous Sumela monastery.