This is a interesting, continuous trek from the ruins of Herakleia, and forms part of the new long distance walk from Herakleia to Stylos monastery and around Latmos Mountain. The trek allows you to immerse yourself in the way of life of the inhabitants of the quaint old stone and timber villages on the route; you will frequently stay in village houses, see local handcrafts, watch cheese and yoghurt making and enjoy village foods.
The trip includes a visit to the major Greek-Roman city of Herakleia. Many opportunities to look at bulbs and birds. Our trail mainly follows ancient roads and migration routes in use since before Roman times in this spectacular area of volcanic hills and peaks.
- Please contact us by filling the form at the bottom of this page.
- 460 € per person
- Price includes all transfers (from / to Milas airport), accommodation and meals. One evening meal, soft drinks, beer and tips are not included. Minimum 6 maximum 12 pax. Entrance fees to historical sites and museums are not included. For groups under 6 people, a surcharge of 75 € is added to the price!
- Day 1: Arrive Milas – Bodrum airport. Drive to Kapikiri (ancient Herakleia). Dinner and night at pension (Selene’s pension). (1 hr.)
- Day 2: We begin with a short transfer to some summer tea houses, we walk between olive orchards; we will see a couple of Byzantine ruins and the quarry of Miletus’ port (3 hrs walk). Lunch will be at Ceri’s restaurant. We transfer back to our pension in Kapıkırı by boat (30 mins); dinner and overnight in pension.
- Day 3: We walk directly from the pension along the pre-Roman road to Pinarcilar. (2,5 hrs.) Picnic lunch. After lunch we follow St Paul’s footsteps up the old road to the ruins of the well-preserved monastery (Stylos), we stop en route to examine an early Byzantine church (1,5 hrs.). We will drive with a tractor back to Karakaya village for the transfer back to the pension.
- Day 4: Walk directly from the pension to Gökkaya, kiliselik back to Ekizce Island. Return to the pension by boat. 6 hours walk.
- Day 5: Drive to Karahayit, we walk to Yediler monastery where we see some late Byzantine period wall paintings. We finish the day reaching Golyaka; meet our vehicle for a 10 mins. drive back to the pension (7 hrs walking).