The fairy chimneys and secret valleys of Cappadocia offers the oppurtinity for some of the most fascinating day walks to be enjoyed anywhere in the world. The famous troglodyte villages and the amazing scenery are best enjoyed on foot. In this one week tour, walking possibilities are endless in this area of cave lived valleys and surreal rock formations. The walking is of moderate difficulty and is generally between 4 and 5 hours each day. There is also time en route to visit some of the attractive villages.
Departure Dates For 2017
10 September – 16 September
- Day 1: Fly to Kayseri. Transfer from Kayseri Airport to Cappadocia.
- Day 2-6: Day walks in Cappadocia
- Day 7: Transfer to Kayseri Airport and fly home.
Accommodation and Meals
- Accommodation: 6 nights pension/hotel is located in Göreme and Cavusin, in the heart of Cappadocia. All rooms have a private bathroom, central heating and hair dryer. Breakfast and dinner are served on the terrace with a great views of the surrounding fairy chimneys.
- Meals: Lunches and evening meals in local restaurants.
Treks mean that you will be on trek for 4-6 hours per day, with some loose stone and occasional steep ascents.
- 660 € per person. Min 6 max 16 pax. For groups under 6 people, a surcharge of 75 € per person is added to the price. Prices include all meals, guide, transfers. Alcoholic and soft drinks which are available at camps or restaurants and entrance fees to historical sites and museums are excluded.
- Day 1: You will be picked up at the airport and be transferred to Goreme. Dinner and overnight in Goreme.
- Day 2: We start our day with the spectacular views of the White Valley, a moderate walk through the vineyards surrounded by “fairy chimneys”. After visiting the castle of Uchisar we have lunch in Uchisar village. Then we walk down the Pigeon valley, which gets its name from the pigeon lofts on the rock faces. (Total walk 5 hours). Overnight in the same pension.
- Day 3: Today we walk through some remote villages where time has stood still. Starting from Kavak, we pass through Bahceli and Ayvali. We will have lunch in Ayvali village at a family restaurant. Then we finish our day by walking to the ruins of the 11th century Greek town of Gomeda. (5 hours) Transfer back to Goreme and overnight in the same pension.
- Day 4: After breakfast we take a transfer to Gomeda valley where we finished our walk the day before. Our morning walk through the Pancarlik valley takes us to Ortahisar, a quiet town Byzantine/Seljuck fortress. After a short wander in the town we drive to Kizilcukur (Red valley) where we walk in the afternoon. We finish our walk at Cavusin. Overnight in the pension in Cavusin. (5 hours).
- Day 5: Optional day. In the morning we hike up Bozdag mountain, where a panorama of beautiful scenery is spread in front of us. (5-6 hours) In the afternoon we have an optional visit to a Turkish bath for relaxing and massage. Overnight in the same pension.
- Day 6: Starting from Çavuşin, we take a transfer to Ihlara town centre (1.15 hours). After a short tea break, we walk about 3.5 hours and en route visit three rock-cut churches. After a late lunch, we continue walking by the river down to the monastery at Selime Village which is famous for its 300 steps. On the way back we drive to a volcanic crater lake and stop for a quick swim. (Nargolu Lake) Returning to Cavusin, we have dinner in a nice local restaurant. Overnight at the same pension. (6 hrs walk).
- Day 7: Our final walk in Cappadocia. After walking from Cavusin village to Pasabag (1 hr), we visit the Zelve open air museum. After lunch we leave for airport. Transfer to the airport.