The fairy chimneys and secret valleys of Cappadocia offers the opportunity for some of the most fascinating walks to be enjoyed anywhere in the world. Walking possibilities are endless in this area of cave lived valleys and surreal rock formations.
- Trekking , exploring dwellings and ancient churches.
- Camping into the historical area.
- Shower, WC and little cafeteria –fresh orange juice, beer and good vine-facilities.
- Luggage transfers to the camp side and from the camp side.
- All equipment you need for the camp provide by Middle Earth Travel
- Guides are well-trained, knowledgeable as well as a great sense of humor.
Departure Dates For 2017
- the tour is available on request
2 days trekking – 1 night camp
Trekkers need good walking boots, warm clothing, sunglasses, sun hat, sun cream. We may especially need to use rain gear (preferably breathable such as Goretex) on early spring and late autumn.
Accommodation and Meals
- Accommodation: 1 night camp. We stay Ibrahim’s charming camping place. You will come to a little terrace where you can watch the afternoon sun. This must be the most pretty and serene places to stay. It’s right in the valley surrounded by flowers, cave churches and fields full of fruit trees and grape vines.
- Meals: You taste several differen delicious and famous Turkish dishes. This tour offers you reach meals and organic gardens.
A reasonable level of fitness is required for this type of trekking holiday and you should be in good health. Any physical preparation will always be to your advantage.
- 120 € per person for 6 and more pax
- 150 € per person for 4-5 pax
- 170 € per person for 3 pax
- 210 € per person for 2 pax
Prices include all meals, guide and transfers and camping equipment.
But alcoholic and soft drinks which are available at camps or restaurants and entrance fees to historical sites and museums are excluded.
Day 1: Pigeon valley – uchisar castle – White valley – love valley – Goreme – red valley
We start walking through the Pigeon valley, It is a Great walk from Goreme along the valley floor to Uchisar (2 hours). The valley is named for the many pigeon houses or dovecotes carved into the rocks and cliffs. Years ago the pigeons were used as message carriers, food and their droppings were used as fertilizer. In the valley, even though there are hundreds of ancient pigeon lofts, they are few pigeons only. We walk around them and after, the path takes us to Uchisar where we visit the castle to enjoy spectacular views, and have time to wander in the town before lunch.
Lunch is in the Uchisar. The view of the valley is exquisite. They serve local Turkish food in a traditional clay pots. It is a family run restaurant. You taste several different delicious and famous Turkish dishes.
After lunch, we head for White valley. The White valley, with small fields, lush vegetation and strange rock formations. Where you will find the particularly beautiful fairy chimneys (Love valley) you can have chance to drink fresh orange juice.
From here if you still feel good to continue, we walk to our camp area Üzümlü kilise, (Grape Church) into the Red Valley (another 1 and half hour walk ), If you feel tired, there is a short transfer chance . We stay on the Ibrahim’s charming cave home and we have barbeque dinner. We camp into cave or under the stars. (4 hours)
( L, D included)
Day 2: Bozdag (table mountain) – Cavusin – Rose valley – Cross Church – Goreme
This day remains abound, and you meet endless reminders that you are in a very ancient and strange place. We have breakfast into the red valley, nearby the organic garden. After breakfast, we start our walk from here to climb up to Bozdag mountain. We pass all mountain from South to North with the views of rose valley, red valley, göreme, uchisar, zelve, pasabag avanos and walk down to old town of Cavusin, visit John the Bapstist church and have a lunch here. (3 hours) Lunch is in a kebab restaurant. You have chance to taste famous Turkish kebab. After lunch, we walk through rose valley. It is a fantastic ravine turning canyon. Which is tumbles dramatically from the Aktepe shoulder. We visit the pigeon houses and the Cross Church and route to the end of our walk in Goreme. (2,5 hours).